Updated: May 11, 2022
Life is definitely easier when I have quick grab and go snacks on hand. These are not your typical sweet fluffy muffin. They are lower in sugar and high in protein, making them a balanced snack when you're on the go. They are gluten free, grain free, egg free, casein and lactose free, and paleo friendly.
1 cup mashed sweet potato
1/2 cup natural nut butter (I used peanut)
120 grams chocolate or vanilla whey protein isolate
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp Enjoy life mini chocolate chips
Note: For a sweeter muffin you can add an extra tbsp or two of maple syrup or chocolate chips.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a 6 count muffin tin with parchment paper.
2. Place all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chips in a large bowl. Use an egg beater hand mixer to combine, or place ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Scoop the mixture evenly into the muffin tin and bake 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and let cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Yield: 6 muffins
Per 1 muffin:
Fat 12 g
Carb 24 g
Fiber 4 g
Net carb 20 g
Protein 24 g