Updated: Feb 29, 2020
2 lbs stir fry meat, or flank steak, sliced
1 large onion and 4 large bell pepper, sliced (If you don't like chopping, check your grocery store for bags of frozen mixed onion and bell pepper slices)
Oil for sauteing
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
2 tbsp lime juice
2 tbsp honey or sugar
1 tbsp mustard
1/2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp sugar
2 tsp salt
2 tsp paprika
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1. In a glass baking dish whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
2. Place the beef slices into the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. If possible, flip the beef part way through so that it marinades evenly.
3. In a bowl, mix together the spices for the seasoning.
4. Add the sliced peppers, onion and a bit of oil to a large saute pan. Saute over medium heat until tender, about 15 minutes.
5. Transfer the onion and peppers to a large bowl and turn your burner to high heat. Add the beef to the pan along with the seasoning blend. Saute over high heat, turning constantly for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Serve with gluten free tortillas and your favourite toppings.
I serve mine with avocado or guacamole, salsa, and plain unsweetened coconut yogurt as a dairy free alternative to sour cream (mix 1 part lemon juice to 12 parts coconut yogurt, eg. 1/4 tsp lemon juice with 1 tbsp coconut yogurt). I use Live wraps/tortillas, they are gluten free, paleo friendly and keto friendly and are made from flax and vegetables. They don't tear apart like many gluten free wraps do.