This dessert recipe is by my friend Justine and was inspired by the Cranberry Bliss Bars from Starbucks. I love making this dessert for Christmas parties and it always gets rave reviews.
½ cup ghee or butter, softened
1 cup Cuisine Camino Whole Brown Sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup almond or tigernut flour
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a 8x11 pan by lining it with parchment paper for easy removal.
3. In a mixing bowl, blend ghee and sugar until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, vanilla and ginger.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Add flour mixture to ghee & egg mixture and stir to combine.
7. Stir in dried cranberries.
8. Spread the batter into pan.
9. Bake 23-25 minutes or until set in the middle (toothpick tests clean).
10. Allow to cool thoroughly.
11. Once cool, top with Cream Cheese Frosting or Vanilla Frosting (recipes below)
Optional: sprinkle some cranberries over the top.
Cream Cheese Frosting
1 8-ounce bar cream cheese, at room temperature (If you are intolerant to dairy or on a dairy restricted diet use Daiya Plain Cream Cheese Style Spread)
½ cup ghee or butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 ½ cups Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Icing sugar
1. Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, ghee, and vanilla until smooth.
Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. If necessary, slightly chill the frosting to stiffen it before using.