Gluten and dairy free chicken fettuccine alfredo! This pasta recipe is packed with protein and vegetables so you can achieve a complete and balanced meal with one dish.
150 g gluten free fettuccine pasta
4 chicken breasts
200-250 g package of sliced mushrooms
300-350 g package of zucchini spirals
400 ml coconut cream
4 tbsp vegan butter or ghee, divided
1/2 cup diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
Fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook fettuccini in a pot of salted water according to package instructions then drain and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, slice chicken into strips and season all over with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp vegan butter or ghee over medium/high heat and sauté chicken until lightly golden and cooked through (about 5 min). Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
3. In the same pan over medium/high, heat 2 tbsp of vegan butter or ghee. Add onion and sauté 1 min. Add sliced mushrooms and zucchini. Sauté until soft (5-7 min), stirring frequently. Remove and set in a strainer over the sink (don't skip this step or you will have watery pasta).
4. Add 1 tbsp of vegan butter or ghee and minced garlic to the pan. Sauté 30 seconds, stirring constantly (be careful, garlic burns fast).
5. Pour coconut cream into the pan along with 1.5 tsp salt and 1 tsp of pepper, or to taste. Simmer 5-10 min, or until it begins to thicken.
6. Add chicken back to the pan followed by the zucchini mixture and the fettuccine. Stir to combine. Heat another minute until warmed through then turn off the heat, let rest 10 minutes then stir and serve garnished with fresh parsley.