I had a roast beef thawed in the fridge and had planned on picking up some sides to make a traditional roast beef dinner today, but I'm not feeling so hot and didn't want to go to the store. I decided to throw something together with what I had on hand, which was the roast, rice and some broccoli. I decided to make shredded beef over rice with a side of roasted broccoli and it was delicious.
2 lb beef roast
1 tbsp yellow mustard
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp butter or ghee
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1. Combine brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
2. Place roast on a plate and rub with mustard on all sides to thinly coat the meat. Next, rub your spices on all sides of the meat.
3. Place one cup of water in your Instant Pot followed by the roast. Pressure cook for 60 minutes.
4. After 60 minutes let the roast stand for an additional 10 minutes before releasing the pressure.
5. Remove the roast from the pot and place on a large plate or cutting board. Use two forks to shred the meat.
6. Heat butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shredded meat along with the BBQ sauce and saute for 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Note: If you do not have an Instant Pot you can make this recipe in a slow cooker by cooking the meat on low for 8-10 hours.