This recipe was inspired by my favourite dish at GT's on the beach in Port Stanley, ON. Sadly, the dish is no longer on the menu, but I think my version is just as good!
4 chicken breast
Salsa and guacamole to serve
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice (freshly squeezed limes is best in my opinion but if you don't want to squeeze limes then purchase a bottle of lime juice)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp minced garlic
Handful of chopped fresh cilantro
1. In a shallow glass baking dish whisk together all of the marinade ingredients.
2. Butterfly the chicken breasts and place them in the marinade. Use a spoon to scoop some of the marinade over the chicken to coat all sides.
3. Cover and marinade in the refrigerator at least 4 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet.
5. Place the chicken breasts on the baking sheet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
6. Remove from oven and serve with salsa, guacamole and your favourite sides. I like this chicken with rice and grilled or roasted bell peppers. Enjoy!