Updated: Apr 19, 2022
This is a gluten-free stuffing recipe inspired by my grandma's stuffing recipe. My grandma's stuffing was always the best, so when I could no longer have gluten I wanted to find a way to make it gluten-free, and as close to the original as possible.
2 loaves gluten-free bread (stale or dried out)
3 cups of diced onion
2 cups of diced celery
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 cup of ghee, melted
1/4 cup of poultry seasoning
1/2 tbsp of salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 cup of water or GF chicken stock
If you are not stuffing a turkey you will also need:
1 1/2 cups of GF chicken stock
1. Tear the bread into 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl. If the bread is not dry, you can leave it uncovered for several hours to help it dry out.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add the ghee and saute your garlic, diced onion and celery until tender, about 10 minutes. Then add the poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper and saute another minute. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of stock or water.
3. Pour over the bread chunks and mix well to combine.
4. Make sure you have removed the giblets from your turkey and "stuff" your stuffing into the cavity of your turkey (there is a cavity at both the front and back). Use poultry lacers to prevent your stuffing from spilling out. Cook according to your turkey instructions.
5. Once your turkey is cooked, remove from oven and use a large spoon to scoop the stuff