This is a gluten-free stuffing recipe inspired by my grandma's stuffing recipe. My grandma's stuffing was always the best, so when I could no longer have gluten I wanted to find a way to make it gluten-free, and as close to the original as possible.
1 loaf gluten-free bread (stale or dried out)
2 cups of diced onion
4 stalks of celery, diced
1/2 cup of ghee, melted
1/2 cup of poultry seasoning
1 tbsp of salt (or to taste)
1 tbsp of olive oil
1. Tear the bread into 1-inch chunks and place in a large bowl. If the bread is not dry, you can leave it uncovered for several hours to help it dry out.
2. In a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil and saute your diced onion and celery until tender and the onion starts to brown.
3. Mix the ghee into the bread chunks followed by the poultry seasoning, salt, and sauteed onion and celery. Taste and add more salt if needed.
4. Make sure you have removed the giblets from your turkey and "stuff" your stuffing into the cavity of your turkey (there is a cavity at both the front and back). Use poultry lacers to prevent your stuffing from spilling out. Cook according to your turkey instructions.
5. Once your turkey is cooked, remove from oven and use a large spoon to scoop the stuffing out and place in a bowl to serve.