I had some stew meat in the freezer to use, but didn't feel like a stew. A beef curry seemed like the perfect alternative. Here is a simple recipe that you'll love!
2 lbs stew beef cubes
4 yellow onions or about 2 cups chopped
2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp grated ginger
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 cups beef broth
1/2 cup crushed tomatoes
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp garam masala
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. In a pan over medium heat saute the onions in ghee until translucent, about 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and saute another minute.
3. Add the curry powder, paprika, garam masala and 1/4 cup of water.
4. Once fragrant – set aside.
5. Add the beef to the slow cooker.
6. Next, add the cooked onion and spices, beef broth, crushed tomatoes, lemon juice, salt, pepper and bay leaves.
7. Stir and cook on low for 6 hours.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve over rice or riced cauliflower