I eat grass-fed organic beef which tends to be a bit drier than conventional grocery store beef. This is because grass-fed organic beef is typically leaner. I added grated zucchini to these meatballs to make them moist. It's also a tasty way to sneak extra vegetables into your meal. I served them with a combination of zucchini and quinoa noodles topped with tomato marinara and vegan parmesan.
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 zucchini, grated (or buy spiraled and chop it into small pieces)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 F and line a baking sheet.
2. Add the beef, grated zucchini and all the seasonings into a large bowl.
3. Using your hands or a potato masher, mix the beef with the zucchini and seasonings until everything is evenly combined.
4. Using your hands, mold the meat mixture into spheres around the size of a golf ball (makes around 24 balls). Evenly space the balls on the baking sheet and bake 25 minutes, or until completely browned through the middle.
5. Remove from oven and serve.