No Bake Protein Bars
I keep these protein bars on hand for those mornings when I don't have time to sit and eat breakfast or make a shake. They're also a great snack.
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup gluten free oats
120 grams vanilla protein powder (look at the nutrition label to find the total number of grams per scoop, not the number of grams of protein), I used Whey Isolate.
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
Optional - 2 tbsp chocolate chips (I use dairy free chocolate chips), and 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Place the nut butter and honey in a large bowl and microwave for about 2 minutes.
2. Add the protein powder, oats, flax, cinnamon and salt and stir to combine.
3. Line an 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Pour and press the mixture evenly into the pan.
4. Place in the refrigerator and let set for at least one hour.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and cut into 12 equal bars. If you want to add chocolate, melt the chocolate chips with the coconut oil and drizzle over top of the bars. Place back in the refrigerator to set.
6. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Per 1 bar