Updated: Jan 21, 2020
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, paleo and keto friendly
1 lb ground beef
1 tbsp olive oil
4 large bell peppers or 6 medium/small
1 cup diced onion
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup sliced black olives
1 jalapeno pepper (remove the pith and seeds if you don't want the spice)
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 cup crushed tomatoes
Fresh parsley or cilantro to garnish
Guacamole to serve
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and beef. Break up the meat and saute about 2 minutes.
2. Add the onion and jalapeno and saute another 2 minutes.
3. Mix in the garlic, olives, Italian seasoning, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper. Continue to saute until the meat is fully browned.
4. Add the crushed tomatoes. Saute another minute and then remove from heat.
5. Slice the tops off of the bell peppers, use your hand to pull out the pith and seeds. Stand them in a glass baking dish and fill them with the meat mixture. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, garnish with cilantro or parsley and serve with guacamole, rice or cauliflower rice.